The controller is the pilot in your company, and must ensure that the ship/company stays on course even in adverse circumstances. In order to do this, he or she draws up plans, tracks the target-performance deviations and initiates corrective measures if necessary. Especially in today’s world, companies have to be attentive to constant changes in the market and prove their adaptability and flexibility again and again. Controlling should enable management to make fact-based decisions at any time and is therefore of great importance.
Fast boats need accurate charts and good radar!
The controlling experts of F&P design and accompany the process of goal setting, planning and controlling of their clients’ companies. They ensure strategy, result, financial and process transparency. They moderate and design the management process of goal setting, planning and controlling. They can optimise processes, also across divisions, and make recommendations on the appropriate dimensioning of a company’s organisation. They are familiar with digitalisation and are able to set up a future-oriented reporting system. As interim controllers or CFOs, they assume operational responsibility for the achievement of corporate goals and for your employees. As factual and not interest-driven interim CFOs in post-merger integration, they ensure the link between the long-term goal of an acquisition and the short-term decisions required to realise the goal. As external controllers, they support company management and internal controllers with their specialist and methodological knowledge in special challenges and ensure a corresponding transfer of know-how.
You are looking for an interim manager or consultant in controlling with high expertise, who can quickly lead your challenging project or programme to success?
The core competences of the F&P Controlling Competence Team are:
- Strategic and operational controlling: Strategic controlling and operational controlling cannot be thought of separately. Long-term planning must be translated into short-term operational planning and interlinked with it. F&P controlling experts have mastered the tools suitable for this (including the balanced scorecard).
- Operational planning and control: Good planning combined with control via target-performance comparisons ensures business results. Budgeting is a time-consuming process. Only well prepared budgets are a useful basis for controlling in day-to-day business.
- Selection and introduction of suitable planning bases and procedures
- Setting up the budgeting process
- Development of operational control through budget controlling
- Digitalisation to optimise processes
- Integration of systems and data streams
- Introduction and optimisation of planning/controlling/ERP systems
- Introduction of digital workflows – data source to reporting system
- Establishment and realignment of controlling organisations:
- Establishment, restructuring and development of controlling organisations
- Success-oriented dovetailing of controlling with other functions
- Reorganisation and optimisation of controlling processes
- Design and implementation of management information systems (supported by BI, Big Data, etc.)
- Change management of controlling departments: Processes, personnel, culture
- Design and optimisation of reporting and information management: Good management information systems ensure management capability.
- Design and digital networking of management information systems
- Definition of key performance indicators (KPIs) and KPI systems
- Design of transfer pricing systems
- Restructuring and turnaround: Corporate crises and their preliminary stages represent an unplanned and unintentional sustainable threat to the existence of the company. The goals of entrepreneurial activity are endangered by corporate crises. Time and decision-making pressures increase rapidly. F&P controlling experts are crisis-tested, can avoid crises, defuse them and help to turn the negative development around. They bring in methodological knowledge and strengthen the management base.
- Creation of a reliable database
- Analysis of the financial and profit situation
- Definition and implementation of immediate measures to secure the financial capacity to act
- Definition and implementation of financial and profit-related restructuring measures
- Support for mergers & acquisitions:
- Financial modelling: development of strategic planning models / integrated corporate planning P&L/balance sheet/cash flow statement
- Company valuations according to discounted cash flow/earnings value method
- Sensitivity analyses and scenario calculations
- Support in post-merger integration: More than half of all acquisition projects fall significantly short of their goals or fail in the post-merger integration phase. Poor implementation concepts, deficits in implementation know-how and misjudgement of the implementation complexity of synergies are among the greatest post-merger risks (post-closing risks).
- Configuration and management of project teams
- Pursuit of planned potentials after the corporate transaction
- Determination of the reasonable degree and speed of integration
Case Studies Controlling
Due to its unique selling proposition, F&P AG is able to provide you with individual consultants or interim managers, but also teams of experts in all functional areas along the entire value chain. In our case studies you can find out more about successfully completed projects. Feel free to contact us, we look forward to your message or your call.